Heat Pump Installation Best Practice
This three day course will provide a certification and training in best practice installation techniques for split system heat pumps.
The course contains theory and practical work.
To provide the delegate with the basics of air conditioning & heat pump split system installation. Its content is based around best practice guidelines and is part theory and part practical. You will learn safe practices and the best techniques for a successful installation of a split system. It is highly recommended that the delegate is either a refrigeration engineer wishing to start to install heat pumps or a practicing electrician with the same requirement.
- Understand how to install a split system heat pump.
- Work safely and understand the risks with refrigerant gas.
- Understand the reason for using certain specialist tools. How they work and why they have to be used.
- Grow your business by offering the installation of a split system heat pump.
- Avoid costly mistakes that can cause premature failure of the equipment.
- Learn techniques to improve unit selection for installation.
- Plus much more….
Installation (a selection of some of the content included)
- Equipment selection.
- Correct positioning of indoor and outdoor units.
- Understanding noise issues and mitigation techniques.
- Correct mounting of the outdoor unit.
- Anti Vibration.
- Use of brackets and possible problems to avoid.
- Correct mounting of the indoor unit.
- Pipe work handling techniques. Handling issues. How to prevent common problems.
- Condensate management.
- Flaring of copper pipe to joints.
- Correct use of Oxy-Free nitrogen.
- Pressure Testing.
- Leak Testing
- Dehydration and use of the vacuum pump and vacuum gauge.
- Electrical Isolators.
- Breaking the vacuum ready for use.
- Operational testing.
- Client Handover
- Unit sizing. Avoid common problems.
- Healthy homes standards. The legislation.
- Meeting clients expectations.
- Planning the install
- Interface to fresh air
Commissioning / Client Handover
- Remote control operation and position.
- Maintenance requirements.
- Defrost explained