Ducted System Installation & Design
Designed for any Air Conditioning & Heat Pump Installer who would like to know how to professionally install and increase their knowledge of ducted systems. We provide all the course materials including a FREE duct sizing calculator disc and FREE 12 Month access to a Windows® software program to assist the selection and commissioning of ducted systems.
To provide training in the fundamentals of installing & designing ducted type system installations. It is highly recommended that the delegate would already be familiar with general heat pump installation of other types. The course is not intended to teach all aspects of ductwork design and installation, only in relation to installing ducted systems for home applications.
- Understand how to install and sell the benefits of Ducted systems.
- Avoid the most common install problems.
- Grow your business by offering a premium heating / cooling application to your customers.
- Save time and expense by commissioning correctly.
- Diagnose common problems with existing systems and learn how to fix them.
- Equipment selection by capacity / airflow / Pa rating
- End user incorporated within the design process and what they need to be told
- Location of Indoor / Outdoor Unit – Items to consider (Noise etc)
- Ductwork type and layout
- Location of discharge / return grilles
- Selection of correct duct work size
- Selection of correct return grille and size
- Types of discharge diffuser and selection criteria
- Return air velocity considerations
- Sensor locations
- Demo of Plandroid / Other support tools
- How to use the Duct Sizing Disc for design and troubleshooting
- Examples of incorrect installation
- Zone Control Systems
- Install Procedures
- Planning the install
- Install practices / Ductwork connections.
- Ductwork layout – Consider bends / outlets
- Anti Vibration
- How the install can affect units operation & performance
- Position of supply and return grilles
- Remote control operation and position
- Interface to fresh air
Commissioning / Client Handover
- Control operation
- Explanation of airflow discharge / return
- Explanation of fan speed control in relation to capacity and noise
- Function Setting adjustments
- General airflow balancing