Heat Pump Design & Selection
Designed for any Air Conditioning & Heat Pump Installer who would like to know more about the design and selection of a heat pump.
We provide all the course materials including FREE 12 Month access to a Windows® software program to assist the selection of a heat pump air conditioner.
- If you are selecting / designing for installation of heat pump air conditioners this course is for you.
- The course aims to provide you with all the fundamentals of design and selection of heat pump systems applied to the home environment.
- Avoid costly mistakes during design stage that get applied during installation.
- Learn how to select and size the correct size of air conditioner for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand the features and their benefits. Plus, where some features described may not offer the benefit perceived by the end user.
- Avoid common problems caused by the end user following installation.
- Learn about Government schemes and your obligations when working within them.
- Energy labels – Old & New and what the differences are.
- Understand how to design and select the most appropriate heat pump for the end user.
- Avoid the most common selection problems.
- Improve the end result by understanding more about common design and selection issues.
- Inverter Technology / Heat Pump Technology.
- MEPS / Government Schemes
- Healthy Homes Standards Explained.
- Heat Migration / Transfer
- COP / EER / ACOP / AEER Explained.
- SEER Labels Explained
- Effects of ambient temperature of performance. H1 | H2 | H3 explained.
- G4 Building code regarding ventilation explained.
- Equipment selection by capacity
- Types of heat load. Sensible & Latent load.
- Solar gain explained.
- Noise explained.
- Correct / Incorrect Positioning of indoor / outdoor units.
- End user incorporated within the design process and what they need to be advised of.
- Location of Indoor / Outdoor Unit – Items to consider (Noise etc)
- Temperature control
- Examples of incorrect installation
- Install Procedures
- Planning the install
- Install parts used.
- How the install can affect unit’s operation & performance
- Condensate Pumps.
- Remote control operation and position
- Interface to fresh air
Commissioning / Client Handover
- Control operation
- Explanation of fan speed control in relation to capacity and noise
- Service & Maintenance